Deia is surely one of the most enchanting villages in Majorca: an idyllic site with ochre stone houses in the shadow of the Teix mountain on the island’s west coast, which has now become a favored hideaway for the rich and famous. It takes just three minutes on foot to get from the house to the village center, which really swings in the summer.
The house is situated in the peaceful environment of a narrow bystreet. Dating back to the 18th century, it has the inimitable allure of ancient stones, while offering the comfort of a property that has been very tastefully renovated in an elegantly simple style, both rustic and contemporary at the same time.
Its garden and 8x4 saltwater swimming pool are quiet and private havens where you can enjoy the relaxed Majorcan lifestyle. A beautifully equipped summer kitchen allows you to prepare meals and dine outdoors in the shade of the vine arbor and palm trees.
Everyone will feel immediately at home in this warm and welcoming house brimming with charm.
• Living room with fireplace, opening on to the kitchen
• Fully equipped kitchen-dining area opening on to the living room, access to the terrace
• Bedroom 1 : 90 cm twin beds, ensuite shower room - shower and toilets
• Bedroom 2 : king size bed, ensuite bathroom - bathtub, shower and toilets
• Bedroom 3 : queen size bed
• Bedroom 4 : 90 cm twin beds
• Bathroom - bathtub and toilets
• Landscaped garden planted with palm trees and spices - mint, rosemary and different types of basil, mountain view
• Saltwater 8x4 m swimming pool, illuminated at night
• Summer kitchen with sink, freezer and a wood-burning barbecue
• Furnished terrace - table, chairs, deckchairs
You can park in the street in front of the house or at the car park located 300 m away.
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen. Optional services are available upon request at reservation.
The villa is a 3-minute walk from the center of Deia, on the west coast of Majorca. Yet it’s set well apart from the hustle and bustle of the tourist scene. For swimming and sunbathing aficionados, the closest beach, Cala de Deia, is about 20 minutes on foot from the house (10 minutes by car). For the more sports-minded, there are numerous hiking options, either in the mountains or along the coast.
Deia is a village with a unique character. It’s been a source of inspiration for many painters, writers and musicians, with its picturesque landscapes and bohemian lifestyle. A large number of millionaires have settled here as well, making Deia an ultra-chic and highly prized destination. If you want to get a taste of its distinctive local flavor, go to a concert at the cafe Sa Fonda, 1.5 km from the house. The village itself is teeming with restaurants and bar-terraces, where you can watch the sunset with a drink in hand…
The Palma Mallorca airport is a 45-minute drive away.
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.