Authentic 1846 manor house, located in the heart of the vineyards, for a taste of the old-fashioned bourgeois lifestyle with modern comforts. Fronsac is a small town 40km east of Bordeaux, where the vineyards produce a renowned red wine, with either Fronsac or Bordeaux appellation. The castle, with its noble turrets, is surrounded by a 1-hectare landscaped park and is in an exceptional environment next to the Dordogne. A peaceful, elegant French haven for exploring the region, with its many natural and cultural riches. Saint-Emilion is only 12km away, and Fronsac village is a ten-minute walk.
There are six ensuite bedrooms and superb communal areas to meet in and relax:
• Large living room with chimney
• TV room
• Dining room
• Large kitchen with chimney
• French billiards room
• Bedroom 1 - queen size bed, ensuite bathroom (bath, shower, WC)
• Bedroom 2 - queen size bed, ensuite shower room (shower)
• Bedroom 3 - queen size bed, ensuite shower room (shower)
• Bedroom 4 - queen size bed, ensuite shower room (shower)
• Bedroom 5 - queen size bed, ensuite bathroom (bath and WC)
• Bedroom 6 - king size bed, ensuite shower room (shower and WC)
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen. Optional services are available upon request at reservation (tasting events, wine tasting courses, private chef…)
The castle is located 800m from the village of Fronsac with its nearby shops (bakery, grocery, pharmacy, restaurant, etc). Libourne is 3km away and the closest train station, with direct trains to Paris. You can visit Bordeaux' wine producers. The picturesque village of Saint-Emilion is only 12km away, where there are many gourmet restaurants. Bordeaux is 30 minutes away, and you are also on the way to the Dordogne's fortified villages and castles – so much to discover!
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.