This opulent house, in the hills overlooking the Portuguese town of Sintra, is a peaceful haven, sheltered from the outside world. The villa is, however, only a kilometre from the first supermarkets, and 7km from the town centre restaurants in Sintra, which is 25km north-west of Lisbon.
In the middle of the Portuguese royal palace, named a UNESCO cultural heritage site, the Monte Serte villa stands out thanks to its modern architecture in a refined style, with large bay windows leading out to the huge landscaped wooded garden. The ultra-modern kitchen is past the living room, open to the large terrace where a beautiful infinity pool takes centre stage. On the first floor, in the spacious loft, is a home cinema and a comfortable study. The bedrooms have Japan-inspired decor, with sliding panels that reflect the zen feel of the home. They are also air-conditioned.
Installed in the basement, the spa has a pool, 6-person jacuzzi, as well as a complete gym. Running the length of the house, the large concrete terrace is home to an infinity pool, as well as several tables and sun loungers, encouraging you to spend as much time as possible outside.
• Entrance hall
• Ultra-modern kitchen and 6-person table
• Modern living room with chimney and 8-person table, open to the pool and garden
• Separate bathroom with bath, shower, and WC
• Bedroom 1 – queen size bed, dressing room, view of the pool
• Bedroom 2 – queen size bed, dressing room, view of the pool
• Bedroom 3 – large double bed (200 cm), dressing room
• Bathroom with bath and shower
• Bedroom 4 – large double bed (200 cm), dressing room, complete ensuite bathroom, leading to the garden
• Spa with indoor pool, sauna, and 6-person hot tub
• Gym with fitness equipment
• Separate WC
• Lounge or study, with desk and large sofas
• TV room with flat screen TV, cable, and DVD
• 7km2 landscaped garden
• 15x5m infinity pool
• Large terrace with 8-person table, barbecue, 3 parasols, and sun loungers
• Parking for 8 cars
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen.
In the past, one of the main holiday destinations for Portuguese aristocracy, named a UNESCO cultural heritage site, the town of Sintra is teeming with castles and magnificent properties. Next to the villa ia the Castelo dos Mouros battlement, a fortress built in the 18th century during the Islamic conquest. On a neighbouring hill, 10km from the villa, is the Palácio da Pena, an extravagant palace built according to Ferdinand de Saxe-Cobourg-Gotha’s romantic fantasies, while the colourful roads in the town centre highlight the Palácio Nacional de Sintra, which marries several architectural styles. Located in the old neighbourhoods, the Quinta de Regaleira, a mysterious building with fabulous gardens, is definitely worth a visit. Tucked between the Atlantic Ocean and the Serra de Sintra hills, the Sintra province enjoys an exceptional climate that encourages the luxurious vegetation. If nature lovers can’t wait to see the magnificent panorama from the Sintra-Cascais Nature Park’s pathways, lazy types will be just as eager to lie on Praia Grande’s fine sand, only 5km away. Despite its perfect location, Sintra isn’t isolated, and the town is 30km from Lisbon, with the closest airport, and 75km from Setubal.
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.