The little Corsican village of Lumio (or Lumiu in Corsican) is located on the coast of Balagna, just a few kilometers away from Calvi, and its spectacular sweeping view is considered one of the crown jewels of Haute Corse. The house, built just recently using only the very finest and most environmentally friendly materials, is set in an area surrounded by other beautiful villas, 600 meters away from the village-center and its shops. It’s positioned so that it offers a partial view of the Mediterranean, with the closest beach, that of Arinella, a short 10-minute drive away. The villa’s lovely tree-lined garden has an 8m x 4m heated swimming pool with a sundeck, pool house and an outdoor shower, so you can alternate the pleasures of relaxed fresh-water swims with the joys of the beach.
The villa’s magnificent living area on the upper level gives on to another lovely terrace, part of which is protected from the sun, so you can dine and unwind as you take in the view. The five air-conditioned bedrooms (one of which is an independent studio apartment) and four bathrooms make it easy to lodge a large family in optimum comfort.
• Bedroom 1: Queen size bed, garden access
• Bedroom 2: dormitory room for children with 6 single beds of 90 cm (2 x 2 bunk beds and two drawer beds), garden access
• Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, shower and washbasin in the bedroom, toilet
• Shower room with shower and toilet
• Living room including lounge, dining room and American kitchen with central island/breakfast bar, all opening onto a terrace of 100m2, with outdoor table
• Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, access balcony, shower and washbasins in the bedroom
Studio apartment with independent entrance on the upper level:
• Living room with kitchenette
• Bedroom 5: two 140cm beds, one of which on the mezzanine, balcony with table and chairs
• Shower room – shower, washbasin and toilet
You can park two cars on the property.
A gas barbecue is at your disposal.
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen. Optional services are available upon request at reservation.
The villa is located near the center of Lumio , in the Balagne area, 9 km away from Calvi and 8 minutes from the airport.
The little streets, and stone houses – you simply must see all of Lumio, stopping at the square, where the view will take your breath away! The fountain, wash house, church, and chapels – there are a multitude of monuments and evidence of the past to see as you stroll around.
Lumio also is lucky enough to have a sublime coastline that has been very well preserved. Over its 17km length there are rocks, sandy and pebble beaches, and islets.
The closest beach is a sandy one at Arinella, and we recommend the excellent restaurant there, open for lunch and dinners, where you can enjoy a candlelit dinner with your toes in the sand…
Between the sea and the scrubland, the coast contains historical riches such as the Genovese towers of Caldanu and Spanu. All this to discover on the coastal walkway…
There are many shops in Lumio and Calvi, and two restaurants in Lumio.
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.