This spacious house, nicely-proportioned, transparent, and understated with subtle luxury, sits up above the stunning Valinco gulf panorama, with the mountains in the background.
Nothing blocks the sight: the pool and the house are surrounded by a glass railing which allows you to fully enjoy the gorgeous sun setting on the Mediterranean. Built in noble materials, at the end of a private alleyway, it is a two-storey villa.
The entrance hall on the lower level is bathed in light thanks to a wide bay window running the height of both storeys. A surprising ethereal chandelier sets the decoration’s tone: light colours, refined lines, modern and quality furniture, beautiful second-hand objects.
On the first level, you will find two bedrooms: one with a 180cm bed, and another with twin beds. Both have their own shower rooms. You will also find a perfectly equipped fitness room. Each room has a view of the sea and opens up on a wooden terrace, with beautiful tufts of herbaceous plants.
The stairs in the entrance hall lead to the superior level and to the main room, a spacious room which widely opens up on the exterior, the large terrace running the length of the house, and the pool. You can admire the view from the sitting area, the long dining room table, and even from the state-of-the-art kitchen.
Open up the bay windows and let the nice night-time breeze come in, or sit down on the terrace to watch a ferry or a cruise boat go in and out of the bay.
At night, a myriad of small lights hung in the nearby hills or on the edge of the water add up to the wonder of the view.
A corridor leads to two other double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms, which also open up on a terrace.
This villa’s great facilities are completed by deckchairs, a barbecue, a pool house, a small garden and a garage for two cars.
The bed linens and bath towels are provided. The beds are made shortly before your arrival. We also have a few welcome attentions in store: you will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a welcome basket with a selection of teas and coffees in the kitchen…
The Valinco Gulf is renowned for its numerous fine sandy beaches between the Camopomoro and the Porto Pollo bays. You will be able to choose between the large beach with a water sports centre and secret coves.
Nested in the Gulf, Propriano is a lovely marina, where you will be able to go for a strong along the marina, where the main street is, with its many terraces of ice-cream makers and restaurants. There is something for everyone!
- The Terra Cotta: in this charming small restaurant on the marina, the boss’s brother provides fresh fish: red porgy, leerfish, phycis and other fish are prepared with great care.
- A curiosity: the Tempi Fà which means “the past” in Corsican… it is the period grocery-pub! You enter through the shop which has an original décor which imitates a village square; with a true local market (cooked meats, cheese, myrtle ine, etc.) and at the back of the shop you can taste all the produce in a small room.
- The gastronomy restaurant Le Lido: a spacious room facing the sea, a thoughtful welcome, a unique and very well though-out menu, and a modern and flavourful cuisine: the taste of Corsica, between sea and land…
You will also find many shops: clothes, accessories, jewelry… Propriano has it all!
Propriano’s geographical location is ideal to wander through the South of Corsica, halfway between Ajaccio and Bonifacio, you can have access to all the sites of the South of the island in no time.
Among the must-sees, we recommend:
- An afternoon in Sartène
- A breakfast and a short hike along the Tizzano coastline
- Campomoro’s Genoese tower and its lovely beach, its cliffs you can explore while kayaking or diving…
A week’s stay won’t be enough to fully enjoy the beauty of this small heaven on earth!
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.