Cap Ferret: the peninsula where you live barefoot and get around on bike. A remarkable natural environment between the Bay of Arcachon and the Atlantic Ocean.
Although the fans of Cap Ferret love its laid-back lifestyle, harmonious with nature, this does not mean a lack of modern conveniences or thigh-end accommodations. And this is exactly what you’ll find in the superb, spacious villa: luxury that does not eschew simplicity.
Get ready for an unforgettable stay in this lodge, unique both because of its location and its design. It’s situated right in the front line facing the Bay, with direct access to the beach, and only two minutes away from the little oyster farming village of Le Canon, one of the most picturesque spots on the Cape. The landscaped garden and its 300 sq. m. of terraces are a standing invitation to relax and meditate. The swimming pool, facing the sea, is heated and equipped with a counter-current flow system.
The interior decor is Scandinavian-inspired with lots of wood everywhere, but with a distinctively seaside touch. Its key words: space, comfort and conviviality. The five
ensuite bedrooms, four of which have a sea view, each have their own private bathroom, as do the two children’s dorm rooms. There’s also a home cinema room, which can be transformed into a double bedroom, to enliven your winter evenings. But as soon as the first days of summer come, you’ll be living outdoors, with the large bay windows opening wide on to the Bay and the fishing boats!
• Bedroom 1: queen size bed, garden view, ensuite bathroom - bathtub, separate shower, toilets
• Beroom 2: dormitory-style children’s bedroom: three 90 cm beds, ensuite bathroom - bathtub, separate shower, toilets
• Bedroom 3: dormitory-style children’s bedroom: three 90 cm beds, ensuite bathroom - bathtub, separate shower, toilets
• Laundry room
• Large garage, heated and secured
• Hall d'entrée
• Closed kitchen, fully equipped
• Lounge with dining area, 100 sq. m., with a fireplace and a television
• Home cinema room, convertible in a double bedroom
• Dressing room
• Guests’ toilets
• Bedroom 4: queen size bed, sea view, ensuite bathroom - bathtub, separate shower, toilets
• Bedroom 5: queen size bed, sea view, ensuite bathroom - bathtub, separate shower, toilets
• Bedroom 6: queen size bed, sea view, ensuite shower room - shower and toilets
• Bedroom 7: queen size bed, sea view, ensuite shower room - shower and toilets
• 55 sq. m. terrace, on the side of the garden
• 1 500 sq. m. landscaped garden
• 300 sq. m. of terraces, on the seafront and on the side of the garden
• Exterior heated swimming pool with a jet stream, on the seafront, exterior shower
• Barbecue area
• Direct access to the beach
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen. Optional services are available upon request at reservation.
The house is wonderfully situated: at the forefront of the Bay of Arcachon and the beach, in the heart of the Cap-Ferret peninsula and just a few steps away from the village of Le Canon.
Le Canon is an authentic oyster-farming village with adorable fisherman’s houses and narrow streets. On the Bay side, the area is full of "cabanes" to try local oysters, and lovely quaint restaurants. There are local shops here too. Lege-Cap-Ferret is 20 kilometres away. The sandy beaches are perfect for children as they are sheltered from the waves. Surfers will prefer the beaches on the Atlantic Coast, accessible through the forest and dunes with a twenty-minute walk or ten minute bike ride.
Lege-Cap-Ferret is 20 km away. Bordeaux Saint-Jean train station and Bordeaux Merignac airport are only one hour drive away.
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.