Gordes is one of the “most beautiful villages in France”. At its edge, 4km from the centre of the village, set in unspoilt nature, is this 17th century farmhouse, restored in the spirit of Provence. Charm, authenticity, and simplicity characterise the house which has five bedrooms, all ensuite, each with its own personality. The swimming pool and pool house, surrounded by lavender and aromatic plants, are oases of calm.
- Veranda living space with living room corner and dining room table
- Vast, typically Provencal kitchen, beautifully kitted out with a large table
- Superb bedroom in the style of a herdsman’s cabin, with a queen sized bed and shower room hollowed out of the cave, terrace and separate entrance
- Four double bedrooms, with iPod docks and seating area
- Four private bathrooms, one for each room (bath or shower)
- swimming pool and pool house with sun loungers
- floral garden
- barbeque area
- bowling green
- car park
Renting this house will make a small bit of Provence your own during the vacation.
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen.
At the heart of this region of Provence called the Luberon, Gordes can pride itself on being one of the most beautiful villages in France, with the paved streets that weave between the tall houses, built into the rock, grabbing onto its slopes. Illustrious painters, such as Chagall and Vasarely among others, found inspiration here. Gordes is also home to the Bories village open-air museum, full of these curious round dry stone huts; Senanque Abbey in its green valley, the Bouillons windmills, and the Caves du Palais Saint Firmin.
There is so much to do in the vicinity – visit the Provencal markets, go climbing, hikes or mountain biking on the trails, get lost in the ochre quarries in Roussillon, play golf at one of the five greens nearby, or learn to paraglide…
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.