Epitomising the 'return to nature' spirit of Cap Ferret, this wood cabin is like a high-class loft. Great location in the north of the Cape, halfway between the Bay and the ocean, 5 minutes' walk from the beach, it has all the charm and comfort of beautiful family vacations. Built on a 750m2 garden, the house has two lovely terraces to enjoy the sun no matter what the time of day. The large mezzanine bedroom, the split level layout, and decoration that is both simple and welcoming give the house a particularly friendly atmosphere.
The house, which has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, is organised over:
- large living space with a living room open onto the terrace, and a perfectly equipped kitchen, with a large table for meals
- master mezzanine bedroom, overlooking the living room thanks to the large bay windows
- twin bedroom
- twin bedroom with bunk beds
- large bathroom with shower, double sinks and washing machine
- Separate toilet
- double bedroom
- adjoining shower room
- separate toilet
Linens, sheets, and towels are provided. The beds will be freshly made on arrival. You will find toiletries in the bathrooms and a gourmet food basket in the kitchen.
Cap Ferret needs no introduction, both a uniquely charming vacation spot for families and families to meet in, and a renowned beach resort, patronised by many celebrities in search of tranquillity and authenticity in the summer. The Cape enjoys a great location, with Arcachon Bay to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west. You can enjoy the landscape of the Arcachon Bay on one side and the waves and immense size of the Silver Coast on the other. At the headland, where Arcachon Bay and the Atlantic meet, you can see the Banc d'Arguin nature reserve and the Dune of Pilat.
The house is very well placed, in a quiet road below the lighthouse, halfway between the Bay and the ocean, and near the town centre shops.
To reach the Cape by car, take the A63 towards Arcachon/Bayonne, then exit 23 for Marcheprime. Follow the D5 towards Blagon. At Blagon take the D106 towards Lege-Cap Ferret. By train, the nearest station is Arcachon. By plane, Bordeaux-Merignac airport is 45km away. On the Cape, everywhere can be reached by bike, the best mode of transportation.
- climb the lighthouse’s 258 steps and enjoy a fantastic view over the bay and the ocean
- eat oysters in one of the Conche huts
- take the miniature train between the Bay and the ocean (popular with kids!)
- explore the forest by bike
- visit the colourful oyster farm huts in the Herbe village
- Go to the headland and feel at the ends of the earth
- have dinner at L’Escale or the Pinasse cafe (depending on the budget…) opposite the Bay
- do a tour in a fishing boat around Bird Island and the Banc d'Arguin nature reserve
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.