St Remy de Provence luxury villa - Les Pierres Blanches sits in almost 750 acres of vineyards, one of the largest wine domaines in the region bordering the beautiful village of Les Baux de Provence in Les Alpilles.
This is a newly built, modern villa in an ancient setting. It is tastefully decorated and furnished, and boasts beautiful views not only of the Alpilles mountains but also of the ruined castle which dominates the landscape surrounding Les Baux. The castle can be traced back to the 10th century. It was finally destroyed by the local people in 1632 to bring an end to the centuries of conflicts, revolts, sieges and wars of religion which had taken place there. Today, quaint artisan shops and restaurants line the tiny cobbled streets. A wider range of amenities can be found at Mausanne les Alpilles and at St-Remy-de-Provence, birthplace of Nostradamus, both of which are within easy reach of this Les Baux de Provence villa.
25 minutes drive north from this Les Baux de Provence villa is the medieval Papal city of Avignon, now a UNESCO World Heritage site and site of the world's biggest gothic palace. The city of Arles is just to the south with an impressive Roman arena, once holding 20,000 spectators. This is the gateway to the wetlands of the Camargue with its diverse wildlife ranging from pink flamingos to white horses and black fighting bulls.
Split level ground floor:
Hall leading to:
- Study, open fireplace, large arched doors onto pergola terrace
- Spacious living room, open fireplace, large arched doors onto garden with magnificent views across the estate to the historic ruins of Les Baux de Provence
- Large kitchen/dining room, door to pergola-covered terrace for outdoor dining
- Steps up to master bedroom suite (1.60m), large arched doors onto garden with views of Les Baux, ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, WC
- Steps down from hall to TV room (TV,DVD,video,CD) doors to front garden
- Guest WC
- Twin bedroom (0.90m), ensuite bathroom, doors to garden
- Two further twin/double bedrooms each with doors to garden & ensuite shower rooms
- Second guest WC
- Double bedroom (1.60m) ensuite shower room
- Separate WC
- Twin bedroom (1m), bathroom, balcony window and doors to roof terrace
Set in 750 acres of working vineyards with views of the Alpilles and the ruins of Les Baux de Provence. Large areas of gently sloping lawn. Swimming pool set away from the house with a pergola for shade. Pergola-covered dining terrace, barbecue. Boules pitch. Ample parking.
The following additional costs apply, please speak to a Travel Advisor for more details.
$3946.2 Security Deposit
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.