This exceptional French manor house sits within its own 100 acre organic farm, a haven for wildlife and wild flowers. Meticulously renovated and refurbished to the highest modern standards, this is a beautiful villa with a fine history dating back to 1673. Thick stone walls help keep the manor house cool on hot summer days, whilst high ceilings and large windows ensure light, bright and airy rooms throughout.
Locally, the attractive medieval village (bastide) of Monpazier has restaurants and a market each Thursday, and a pleasant stroll past picturesque cottages to the local Chateau de Biron is a must. This whole area is rich with fortified medieval villages (bastides), such as Belves, Villereal and Montflanquin, where you will find numerous weekly markets selling local produce. You may also like to visit at least one of the spectacular caves in the region: try the Bara Bahau caves at Le Bugue where the wall paintings date from the Ice Age, or the famous caves at Les Eyzies. Slightly further afield but still easily accessible from Domaine de Maitre are towns like Sarlat-le-Caneda with its atmospheric medieval centre, and Rocamadour, the second-most visited tourist destination in France.
You may like to visit some of the stunning gardens that have been created in this region, such as those at Marqueyssac, or to vary the pace and spend some time at the karting centre in nearby Bergerac. Bergerac, founded on the banks of the Dordogne, is surrounded by over 100 vineyards, so there's lots of tasting to do! Staying at this lovely French manor house, which is available all year round, you will be in the heart of authentic France, with something for everyone close at hand.
- Small sitting room, French door to rear terrace
- Drawing room, (TV, DVD, CD), open fireplace, French doors to front and rear terraces
- Dining room, open fireplace, piano (use by arrangement please), French doors to front and rear terraces
- Large, well-equipped kitchen/breakfast room, French doors to front and rear terraces
- Guest WC
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC
- Double bedroom (1.60m), fireplace, ensuite walk-in shower room, WC
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), fireplace, sofa/occasional bed, ensuite bathroom, WC
- Double bedroom (1.60m), ensuite shower room, WC
100 acre organic farm estate with small herd of cattle. Mature garden with lawn and lots of outdoor seating & dining areas. Large terrace with pergola for shaded dining, portable gas barbecue. Private 12m x 4m heated & gated L-shaped pool set a few metres away from house in a hedged garden. Parking for 4 cars.
NB: The caretakers live unobtrusively on site and are available for help and advice if required.
The following additional costs apply, please speak to a Travel Advisor for more details.
$3946.2 Security Deposit
For a complete set of policies for this home, please get in touch with our Travel Advisors.