1. Space is a crucial factor, and lots of it. Communal areas need to be ample enough to fit everyone comfortably, be it round the dining table or on sofas in the lounge. And areas for quiet times when you need to recharge are perhaps most important.
2. Don’t leave anything to chance. With onefinestay, you won’t – we take care of all the little things to help you feel at home right away. Arriving to find pristine sheets, clean towels and toiletries, plus a welcome pack with just enough tea, coffee and snacks for weary little travellers, all helps to settle everyone in after a long journey.
3. Plan ahead. Make sure you have plenty of activities planned to suit all generations. Our Guest Services team can offer advice on the best the city has to offer, as well as local gems near your home. We can even arrange restaurant reservations and tickets for theatres. We also work with excellent childcare providers – even grandparents need a break from time to time.
4. Manage mealtimes – or outsource them. Family tensions often build up in the kitchen. Turn them into wonderful occasions by asking us to book you a personal chef.
5. Explore a new area. We often recommend staying in a neighbourhood that’s new to everyone in the group, both as a refreshing change and to create lasting memories. Our Travel Advisors can help you find the most family-friendly city locations to suit your trip.